Soft Robotics Inc. is an award-winning venture-backed startup in Bedford, MA focused on unlocking robotic automation for large, meaningful markets and labor starved industries such as food and beverage, advanced manufacturing and e-commerce. Leveraging patented material science and AI algorithms, Soft Robotics designs and builds automation solutions and soft robotic gripping systems that can grasp and manipulate items with the same dexterity of the human hand. Since the company's inception, its technology platform has experienced substantial customer validation and adoption, with production installations running 24/7 for Fortune 500 companies and Dow 30 components.
We are currently seeking a Manager of Sales Channels and Distribution. This role requires a proven successful track record of building, growing and managing all aspects of a distribution and channel strategy including lead management, channel partner acquisition and development, and business analytics to maintain and grow the brand’s position as a leader in the industry while building out a world-class sales channel partner program.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales, you will play a key role in driving leads and obtaining new revenue by building an ecosystem of partners that deliver value to our customers and to the business. The Manager will partner with Marketing and Product Management to maximize business performance in an integral go to market approach.
- Develop and implement partner strategy to grow and build Soft Robotics’ presence across key market segments.
- Recruit, onboard and develop new partnerships to achieve business targets.
- Lead day-to-day operations of sales and account management with channel partners.
- Participate in sales cadence of weekly forecast calls, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Create, manage, train, communicate, and continuously improve all sales operations and account management processes.
- Achieve overall sales objectives including: new revenue growth, incremental revenue growth through upsell and cross-sell, lead conversion rate, and churn.
- Drive additional revenue through cross sell and up sell to existing partners and customers.
- Create and analyze sales performance, pipeline, and other key metrics to enable business decisions and identify trends.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Customer Support, Finance, Marketing and Product Development.
- Establish and maintain effective collaboration with the product team to provide customer feedback for new product enhancements.
- Collaborate closely with Sales Management to utilize the most effective channel for each customer, segment, and market share opportunity.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ progressive leadership experience managing multi-channel sales achievement in a fast-paced, high performance team environment (industrial automation/robotics background is a strong plus)
- Experience with a wide variety of sales channels including technical distribution, online shops, and VARs
- Demonstrable track record of success in channels strategic planning, owning sales targets and managing sales forecast
- Excellent project management and communication skills with the ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members.
- Track record of growing existing and new customer revenue in a B2B environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to effectively work with various departments.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand technology and explain concepts, and/or solid experience in the industry.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply