Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Bedford, MA that integrates patented soft actuator technologies, a proprietary vision system, and artificial intelligence stack into robotic gripping, and autonomous manipulation solutions that can handle items of varying size, shape and weight with high-speed, precision, and a human-like touch.
We have an immediate need for a Contract Field Service Engineer to work remotely at a customer site in Germany for approximately two months. You will be part of a small team to install and run a state of the art robotic material handling system. Contractor must be a German national or EU citizen to fulfill this role.
• Two or four-year technical degree
• Proven experience doing remote industrial automation installations
• Knowledge of wiring, automation engineering, and pneumatics
• Robotics knowledge a plus
• Ability to live in Germany for two months
• PLC experience a plus
• Ability to think clearly and logically through complex situations
• Comfortable adapting to same-day and next-day changes to project scope and location
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Germany speaking is a plus
What you will be doing:
• Setting up Industrial Automation systems in an e-commerce distribution center
• Daily coordination with US team to ensure proper installation and set up
• Ensuring systems are installed correctly (sensors & equipment are properly calibrated)
• Addressing and solving problems with confidence
• Simple field programming & testing
In addition to base compensation, Soft Robotics will pay for travel and living expenses while on assignment. Possible conversion to a full time position based in Europe.
Your application was submitted successfully.