Manufacturing & Logistics Technician
Soft Robotics Inc. is an award-winning venture-backed startup in Bedford, MA focused on unlocking robotic automation for large, meaningful markets and labor-starved industries such as food and beverage, advanced manufacturing and e-commerce. Leveraging patented material science and AI algorithms, Soft Robotics designs and builds automation solutions and soft robotic gripping systems that can grasp and manipulate items with the same dexterity as the human hand. Since the company's inception, its technology platform has experienced substantial customer validation and adoption, with production installations running 24/7 for Fortune 500 companies and Dow 30 components.
We are looking for a Manufacturing & Logistics Technician to help support our strong revenue growth as we continue to bring a wide variety of novel robotic automation solutions to market. A successful candidate will have experience with assembly, shipping, and inventory management.
- Receiving of all goods and equipment delivered from vendors and partners.
- Shipping of all products by UPS or other logistics partners to domestic and international locations.
- Ownership of shipping areas for cleanliness, orderly appearance, and maintenance of packaging inventory.
- Assembly of released product in accordance with documentation including, but not limited to pneumatics, electrical components and cables, and mechanical assemblies.
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring accurate inventory accounting, support quarterly periodic inventory cycle counts.
- 2+ years of experience in a logistics and inventory management role
- 5+ years of assembly experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing best practices; 5S and LEAN principles is a plus.
- Ability to grasp technology quickly.
- Experience in an ISO or FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience with shipping systems: FedEx/UPS Parcel & Freight
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems, NetSuite and Salesforce are a plus.
- Proficiency in use of computers and applications such as MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical/trade school preferred
- Certificate/BA/BS in advanced manufacturing or engineering is a plus.